Went on a spontaneous day trip to Princeton with @garrettmccarthy today. Such a beautiful campus… The freshmen were moving in and I may or may not have cried watching kids say goodbye to their parents.
preppypilotics said: Do you have any advice for finding the perfect college?
Be open minded… and realize that’s there is no such thing as a perfect college. Your college experience is what you make of it… not necessarily the specifics of the school. That’s the good news! Even if you don’t end up at your “dream school,” you can still have an incredible experience.
That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t go out and try to find the best fits through. If you can do a campus tour, I really suggest that. Summers are okay, but if you can go while class is in session that’s even better. (You’ll get to feel the “vibe” of the school more that way.)
"Extra" things I would consider:
– What kind of majors they offer (an amazing school might not have a specific program you want/need… like “broadcast journalism” or something)
– What the alumni network looks like (alumni networks are so helpful for finding jobs post graduation)
– What activities do students participate in (for example, I didn’t want to be in a sorority and liked that Georgetown didn’t have Greek life, but sports teams were important and I loved my experience on the rowing team)
– Class size (would you prefer large lectures or small classes)
– Consider the weather and seasons
Birthday weekend birthday cake ice cream cone. 🎂 (at Thomas Sweet Ice Cream)
ivy style. #liketkit www.liketk.it/k7tW @liketkit (at Princeton University)
frauleinsallybowles said: Hi Carly! I love your blog and was just wondering: do you have any recommendations for a cheaper Barbour-like jacket? I love the Barbour you linked to on your "Fall Staples" blog post, but I'd like to find something less expensive. Thanks so much!
academic-and-goal-driven said: Hi Carly, I'm looking for a stylish backpacks that can fit my MacBook and hold a load. But I'm look for something that teal or bright orange color with a little design (hopefully lace). Oh please something under $100. Thank you and LOVE YOUR BLOG.
jesuistresjolie said: Hi Carly, I need some help. Do you know where I can find one of those travel bags that you can fit in your suitcases handles? I don't know if I'm being clear but I hope you can figure it out, I really need one. Thank you so much!!!
I think I know what you mean! I have this bag from Lo & Sons and one of the side pockets unzips so you can slip the suitcase handles through it.